Do you know that we are loosing 10% in processing it to white rice? Incredible! As the average rice consumed per year is 300 pounds per person in Asia , this 43 millions tons extra would mean that …
we could feed, in a perfect world, nearly 287 millions more persons!
- loss of 10% in processing brown rice to white rice
- brown rice is harder to eat
- not as flavorful than the white rice
- take longer to cook
- make it faster to cook
- give it a better taste, even a nutty one
- pre-germinate it
- rice is kept at a temperature of about 100°F for eight to 24 hours to begin the sprouting process
- when rice show a slight bit of bud (0.5 to 1.0 millimeters tall) from the kernel…it is ready
- wonderful article can be read at the Maximum Yield Magazine
- article author is Peggy Bradley. Bravo Peggy! Really nice article with a lot of statistics!
|Roger Pilon, Editor|
|The Planet Fixer Digest|