Most of the recycling tires system on the market are based on shredding and then, compress it in mats or whatever. This recycling tires system from Israel is completely different. It uses an innovative process that will break down the sulfur links connecting the rubber polymer chains in vulcanized rubber. Bottom line: this enables waste rubber to be re-used, while retaining most of the properties and characteristics of the original rubber! You can do a lot more than mulching or mats!
As the editor, I am just opening doors! Always investigate thoroughly and proceed with due diligence!
Roger Pilon, Editor
The Planet Fixer Digest
- rubber waste is a grave environmental threat
- globally over 1 billion tires reach their end of life each year
- most are dumped in already overflowing stockpiles and illegal landfills
- tires are not biodegradable
- tires are dangerously combustible
- developed countries are passing stricter legislation for rubber waste
- EU directives forbid to dump tires (even if shredded and ground) into landfills
- an economically feasible solution for scrap rubber is needed
- an environmentally friendly solution for scrap rubber is needed
- can treat large rubber particles – no need for rubber waste to be ground into powder
- completely clean and environmentally safe: chemical modifier consists of harmless material from the agriculture and chemical industries
- only a small percent of modifier (about 3%, by weight) is needed to process each ton of rubber
- the two-roller mill used can be adapted with exceptional ease to most rubber production factories with no special equipment necessary
- recycled rubber retains most of the characteristics and properties of virgin rubber
VIDEO – Recycle Tires With A Full De-Vulcanized Rubber System
- Manufacturer Site – Levgum Ltd.