Aquaponics is the agriculture of the future. There is no doubt in my mind. Why?
- you do not need any chemicals
- it has a very low carbon footprint
- it produces not only vegetables but gives also proteins
- use 2% of the water of in-ground farming
- planting density is 4/6 times the density of in-ground farming
- 50% faster or more to grow vegetables than in-ground farming
- fully scalable from indoor systems to backyard family systems to full commercial systems
If you surf the Net for aquaponics, you will find many different systems but many of them are quiet expensive. It seems like a kind of gadget that only some can afford. Well I have good news for you!
Is Aquaponics Just For Rich Countries?
As the editor of the Hydroponics Aquaponics Monster Directory, I had to look at dozens of different aquaponics systems over time. I find out that there were many kind of aquaponics systems on the market ready for sale, be plans, kits or complete systems. Right or wrong, I was left with the impression that the aquaponics entrance ticket was quiet stiff. Not so! Here is one of the best aquaponics systems I found on the Internet:
- because anybody can build these systems – they are not complicated to build
- because they are very affordable to build in terms of materials
- prices for PDF plans starts at $49
The Susanne Friend Aquaponics Systems is one of the most simple innovative aquaponics systems to build in the world. Have a look at it! Not only you will not regret it but you will find tons of information about aquaponics that you will not find anywhere else!
Proof: I built 2 aquaponics systems based on theirs plans! One 128 square feet for a customer, one 68 square feet for myself. See links in the Reference Box below!
Do you know an innovation, system, invention that could fix, heal, relief, improve and make happy Mother Earth?
Roger Pilon, Editor
The Planet Fixer Digest
Aquaponics explained in 2 minutes flat!